The Uganda High Commission in Canberra, Australia is seeking to register and verify stranded Ugandan nationals who are currently in its area of accreditation and beacuse of the COVID-19 Pandemic, are not able to return home.
Such individuals may include Students, or Research Fellows who have completed their studies or programs and short term visitors/non-migrants visa holders of all categories whose travel plans were disrupted by border closures.
This exercise does not include visa holders who alerady have a settled status in Australia as well as New Zealand, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands who have no plans to return to Uganda.
If you meet the above criteria, please send us your contact details including the following;
- Your names and your Residential Address and work place or your Institutional address in Uganda and your telephone number in your host State/Country.
- Current physical address and your telephone contact of your host State/Country.
- Copy of your Bio-data page of your Ugandan Passport.
- Scanned Page of the relevant host Country Visa.
- Copy of return air ticket(where available).
- Particulars of sponsoring person or institution(in case of students or groups).
Please send your details to the following email, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Registration of stranded Ugandan Nationals”
This information should be submitted preferably by end of April 2020.