VISAS AND PASSES
Any person intending to enter Uganda should do so only for lawful purposes and in accordance with national immigration laws, guidelines and formalities.
Foreign nationals intending to enter Uganda for purposes of employment should comply with requirements for expatriate employment in Uganda.
1. All visa prone nationalities must obtain Uganda visas to facilitate their entry into the country.
2. Uganda visa can be obtained from either the High Commission Offices in Canberra or online through our online portal http://www.immigration.go.ug.
3. All travelers to the Republic of Uganda MUST have a valid Yellow Fever Immunization card.
ONLINE VISA & CORRESPONDING FEES
Category/description of visa
|Single entry||US$ 50 per individual|
Multiple entry visa 6-12 months
Multiple entry visa 24 months
Multiple entry visa 36 months
Students (Entry Visa for students who are not nationals of East African Cooperation.)
East African Tourist Visa (Three months Multiple Entry for Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda)
Residents of Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda travelling to any of the three countries can now enter the alternative Partner State. without paying for visas.
Note: visas do not permit gainful or voluntary employment in Uganda
1. Entry into or exit from Uganda should be made only through gazetted ports of entry/exit
2. List of visa exempt nationalities i.e. nationals of countries that do not pay for Uganda visas.
LIST OF COUNTRIES WHOSE NATIONALS DO NOT REQUIRE A VISA TO ENTER UGANDA.
Angola, Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Burundi, Comoros, Cyprus, Eritrea, Fiji, Gambia, Grenada, Italy-Diplomatic holders only, Jamaica, Ireland, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, Madagascar, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, St. Vincent and Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Vanuatu, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Nationals of the above countries are issued gratis (free of charge) visas upon arrival.
The Visa Section of the Uganda High Commission is open to the public for submission and collections on Monday – Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon except on Public Holidays in Uganda and Australia.
Applications for visas may be submitted by mail or in person. A stamped, self-addressed, registered envelope with sufficient postage (special or recorded delivery) must be included with applications submitted by mail.
All visa applications must be addressed to the Consular Section to the following address:
High Commission of the Republic of Uganda
GPO Box 34
Woden, ACT 2606
If applying in person or by courier our street address is:
11 Ngunawal Drive
O’MALLEY, ACT 2606
Applicants from New Zealand must make personal arrangements with a courier service provider for pick up and delivery of their passports.
Applicants are advised to submit their completed applications well in advance of the proposed date of departure.
Please note: You must submit your passport with your application.
VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. One duly filled application form by each applicant.
2. One passport size photograph attached to each application form.
3. Passport valid for at least six months from the proposed date of entry.
4. Evidence of travel arrangements (booking details).
5. Letter of invitation/introduction if travelling on business and a copy of business registration. Multiple entry visa applicants also need a supporting letter stating why they are applying for such a visa.
6. International Inoculation Certificate against Yellow Fever.
7. Applicants may be requested to submit additional supporting documentation.
Please note that the processing fee is non-refundable.
A Single Entry Visa;
A 3 months’ visa from the date of issue costs AUD 150.00
Processing fee must be paid in cash or a postal money order payable to Uganda High Commission on submission of a visa application.
Multiple Entry Visa:
A six months’ multiple entry visa costs AUD 250.00. The application must be accompanied in writing stating the reasons why they are applying for such a visa.
East African Tourist visa:
An East African Tourist Visa costs AUD 150.00. It is a multiple entry visa valid for 3 months, and allows the holder to travel between Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda without any additional cost. Applicant should fill in the usual visa application forms but indicate that they are applying for the “East African Tourist Visa” at the top of the first page of the application form.
It is possible to apply for the Ugandan visa and the East African Visa online, please go to the following website: www.immigration.go.ug and the links for the e-visa.